Kicking off my new blog- Yumm Quotient - "the lazybones guide to smart cooking". Here is it dedicated to all you lazybones who don't want to spend too much time in kitchen, because the world needs you for better things. Lol!
What better ways to start this blog than a quick, easy to make, yummy caramel pudding. We make this on weekends, when we want to pamper ourselves and indulge in all the worldly sins. Light up a candle and enjoy your yummilicious dessert!
- Bread - 3 slices
- Milk - 1 litre
- Eggs - 3
- Vanilla essence(optional)
- Boil the milk and allow it to cool down to room temperature. Add sugar, to suit your tolerance level. Flavour it with vanilla essence. I used a pinch of nutmeg powder instead.
- Beat the eggs and blend it into the cooled milk.
- Remove crispy sides off the bread slices.
- Make caramel sauce in the vessel where you are planning to cook the pudding. Heat 2tbsp of sugar until it turns golden brown & carefully add few drops of water. Swirl the vessel so as to coat the caramel sauce evenly on all sides.
- Stack the bread slices inside caramel coated vessel. Pour the milk-egg mixture over this & let it soak for few minutes.
- Use double boiling technique to cook the pudding. It takes approximately 20 minutes to get cooked. A toothpick inserted into the centre of pudding should come off clean. You can also opt to bake the pudding instead of the double boiling it.
- Once the pudding has cooled down, refrigerate it for few hours.
Invert the pudding vessel carefully to a serving plate. Tada! Your pudding is ready! Top it off with almonds/cashew nuts.